Slow Roasted Lamb Ouzi
|Category:||Meat & Seafood|
|Baby whole lamb, cleaned and trimmed|
|Long grain rice|
- Clean the lamb, dry of any blood around.
- Brush it with ghee.
- Rub it with salt, black pepper and lemon from in and out.
- Dust with cinnamon, cumin, all spice, cardamom, nutmeg, garlic and salt.
- Keep it in the chiller for 12 to 24 hrs.
- Melt the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and add bayleaf.
- Sauté onion, add almond and pine nuts.
- Add rice and cook for some time.
- Then add water, cinnamon stick, cardamom and saffron in it.
- Cover and put in the preheated oven.
- Once it is ready take out and put aside.
- Preheat the oven to approximately 425°F.
- Truss the lamb legs with its shoulders using a strong string or steel wire.
- Set it in deep roasting tray.
- Add remaining bay leaves, clove, lemon and water (approx.1 liter).
- Cover with foil and put in the oven.
- Cook it for around 4 hrs.
- Once ready serve with rice and dry nuts as garnish.