|Konafa or Kataifi pastry dough (ready-made)|
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add water, sugar and lemon juice.
- Boil until it turns to thick syrup.
- Remove from the heat and add rose water.
- Put Kataifi or konafa in a bowl and mix melted butter.
- Place some almonds in a pan, cover kataifi.
- Press it down and level it.
- Spread cream cheese, spread it evenly on kataifi.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon, cover with remaining kataifi.
- Press down gently and level it.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 30-45 minutes.
- Immediately pour cold sugar syrup evenly over the hot Kunafa.
- Let it cool and invert it on the tray. Take care when using Ricotta cheese, it might be difficult to invert. Cut it from the pan.