Haloumi Cheese and Za'atar
|Spring onion (green part only)|
|Vegetable frying oil|
- Soak the chickpeas and fava beans overnight.
- Drain and rinse them in a sieve till water passing through is clear.
- Put chickpeas, fava beans, coriander, spring onions, garlic and parsley in food processor.
- Blend it in medium speed until semi-smooth.
- Season with cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Stir baking powder into the mixture, before frying it.
- Heat the oil to 325-350°F.
- Falafel can be made and fried by hand also.
- Using special equipment which is flat round in shape.
- Press the mixture on top, give finger mark and stuff feta cube in it.
- Slowly leave in hot oil, when it pops up remove and drain on a kitchen paper.
- Serve with tahina sauce.